Spotify is one the most popular streaming platforms in the entire world. But how great is it? We take a deep look at it in this post!
Many music streaming services have been created by Spotify’s existence. Spotify is still the most used music streaming platform with millions more users than any other.
Is Spotify worth the cost to get a subscription to music streaming service? This post will cover everything you need to know and compare Spotify with other streaming services. The verdict is in the end!
What is Spotify?
Spotify Premium APK, a music streaming service, was launched in October 2008. It was founded in Sweden, and has become a global phenomenon. It is now available in 79 countries across 5 continents.
Spotify is currently the most popular streaming music platform with 286 million users per month. 130 million of these users are Spotify Premium subscribers. There are more than 50,000,000 tracks on the platform at present. You’ve reached the right place if you haven’t tried Spotify before or are still thinking about it. You will hopefully find out if Spotify is right for you by the end of this article.
How Does Spotify work?
You don’t need to be confused if this is your first time hearing about music streaming platforms. It’s a highly-tech world where convenience is key. These steps will help you get started with Spotify.
- To sign up for a Spotify account, visit the Spotify website
- Choose a subscription level (Spotify Premium, Spotify Free). Below, we’ll discuss the differences between the two.
- Get Spotify from the Google Play Store and App Store.
- Sign in to your account by opening the app
Spotify Features (Free & Premium)
Spotify, the world’s most popular music streaming platform is packed with features. It was founded more than 20 years ago and continues to evolve. Let’s take a moment to look at Spotify’s current features, both the premium and free.
Spotify Free Features:
- More than 50 million tracks available to listen to
- Podcasts and audiobooks available
- You can travel abroad with your music up to 14 days
- You can pick and play any track from your mobile device
- Fast and responsive app
- Ability to create playlists
- Follow your friends to find out what they are listening to
- Find new music based upon your current playlist and interests
- Compatibility with many devices (Consoles and speakers, TV, smart watches. Smartphones, cars)
- Spotify Connect
- Spotify Pets
- Spotify Kids
- Spotify Gift
What are the Different Spotify Premium Plans?
You can customize your Spotify Premium plan if you decide to spend money on Spotify. The following information will help you determine which Spotify Premium plan is right for you.
Spotify Premium Individual ($2.58/month) –This premium plan is best for those who live alone and want to use Spotify solo. All the features you see above are included!
Spotify Premium Student ($4.99/month) –This plan is ideal for students who are currently enrolled in a college or university. You also get 50% off your subscription for up to four years!
Spotify Premium Duo –Premium duos are perfect for partners, couples, or even two people who live together. You’ll receive 2 premium accounts at a discounted price. Duo Mix, an exclusive feature that allows you listen to tracks according to your account preferences, will also be available.
Spotify Premium Family –Spotify Premium Family is the right plan for a family that loves music. This plan is ideal for families with up to six members and includes an exclusive feature called Family Mix. You can create a playlist that is based on everyone’s music preferences. You can also access a feature which allows parents to control the access to explicit music for their children.
5 Reasons to Avail Spotify Premium
Spotify’s free version is sufficient for some users. For serious music lovers, however, the premium version is essential. If you are still unsure if Spotify Premium is right for your needs, here are some top reasons to use Spotify Premium.
- Listen at 96 kilobits/second, or high-quality 160 kbps. Premium lets you listen at up to 320kbps, which gives you a richer and more detailed output.
- You are limited in how many times you can skip the shuffled section with free. Spotify Premium allows you to skip any song you want.
- Ads are not for everyone. Even though you can listen to music without ads, the free version will be cluttered with them. Premium plans have no ads.
- Premium users also have two weeks of exclusive access to the latest albums by your favorite artists.
- Premium version allows you to listen offline to as many as 10,000 songs
Spotify vs. Other Music Streaming Platforms
Many music streaming services have emerged thanks to Spotify’s success. Many of these platforms are owned by big companies like Amazon, YouTube, and Apple. These quick comparisons will help you make a decision if you aren’t sure which option is best for you.
Spotify vs. YouTube Music
- The biggest difference between the two platforms is the availability and quality of audiobooks and podcasts. Spotify lets you access more than 700,000+ podcasts, while YouTube music is devoted to music and videos.
- Spotify is the king of music discovery. Spotify is the music streaming platform that offers tons of weekly music to suit your tastes. YouTube Music also has a music discovery function, but it’s not as detailed and focused as Spotify.
- Spotify has more playlists per genre than YouTube Music. Spotify is the most popular music streaming service in the world.
Like This Post? Checkout More